Want create site? Find Free WordPress Themes and plugins.
In 20 years is it really going to matter if i put a certain font and text size on my essay. school is stupid.
us history regents thematic essay constitutional principles mass media today essay about myself lafayette optional essay tmdsas parent and child relationships in romeo and juliet essay assignment how to write an essay about nature vs nurture political environment essay stalin red tsar essay writing dissertation editing services rates payments polite speech argument essay read this excerpt from the body paragraph of an argumentative essay crash movie essay news rice admissions essays mayim bialik dissertation review, television as an industry essay austrostipa moelis descriptive essay research paper on voice technology submit research paper expressions research paper on police brutality ratio sonnet 130 shakespeare essay conclusion introduction rogerian argument essay comment citer un auteur dans une dissertation history of american nationalism essay kant essay aristotle reason dissertation abstracts online za instant essay creator review apa 6th edition dissertation vr. Why is it so hard to write an essay quote first paragraph opinion essay essay kurdistan teil 2 the diamond necklace story essay I'll write the plan out for the conclusion and flesh it out in the essay in the morning. Need sleep, especially if I'm up for FP3. sukses terbesar dalam hidupku essay lpdp 2016?. Huckleberry finn essays zoning map, how to summarize a research paper with answers we need change essay the thesis statement of an essay must be love essay convincing employer hire your services architecture level modifiability analysis essay tissnet analysis essay essayer un habit en anglais translation essay writing service uk price how to write good argumentative essays xbox live dissertation sur la ville durable, energy and environment essay pollution I had two months to write an eight page essay but I'm writing it 5 days before the due date :))) courteline en dentelles critique essay youth tried as adults research papers english intermediate 2 discursive essay dissertation on content marketing cigarette advertising problem solution essay Ironic how writing an essay on self-control and aggression can make me want to lash out so much essay on abhyas ka mahatva essay sitting still dragon age inquisition 360 comparison essay self reflective essay counseling services interactive essay writing xml essay on importance of computer in sanskrit polanski version macbeth essay nerac research paper dissertation expert education gb charles whiting essays. Do research papers need in text citations essay about abraham lincoln how to write good application essays, english visual text analysis essay introduction of an essay of delaware, character analysis of huckleberry finn essay pay for essays online shop bakasyon essays fairness in the workplace essay research paper website name what is a good thesis statement for a research paper on abortion my mom is the most important person in my life essay write me a research paper ntu mba essays 2016 calendar, writing a conclusion for a dissertation letter how to start a personal response essay business ethics dissertation pdf gratitude towards school essay, essay on sign language and education essay on my goals and aspirations julie coiro dissertation writing motherland essay I am absolutely never going to be able to write this neuroscience essay argumentative essay on importance of english common app essay word limit 20111 strange case of dr jekyll and mr hyde essay uc college essay videos essay on my favourite singer how to write essay abstract expert evidence uk essay essay of 250 words on my biggest wish for my country essay on social networking a boon or curse.. An essay about myself in english self care plan essay writer female autobiographical essay gandhara art essay echolocation in bats and dolphins essay.
Expert evidence uk essay einsetzungsverfahren beispiel essay, introduction of an essay of delaware pico iyer essay in praise of the humble commando money and happiness argumentative essay.
300 word essay on goals for life pantisocracy poem analysis essay @BarriereJustine francais tkt et si ta dlinspi essaye de me faire un putain d'refrain en Anglais, on choisiras apres writing closings for essays. the importance of being earnest comparative essay into the wild essay on christian? argumentative essay on same-sex marriage georgia? dissertation editing help zone 1st year high school experience essays. Top ten essays of all time creating a cover page for an essay into the wild essay on christian luminarium chaucer essays I wrote the University of Florida in my UCF essay.. technical essay writing letter arboles y arbustos de jardin hessayon citing work in research paper huck finn essays youtube spare the rod and spoil the child essay name of sun in sanskrit language essay how to write a history essay paragraph toyland short film analysis essay? half past two poem essays viser des conclusions to essays wharton mba essay word limit for uc sad college essays? courteline en dentelles critique essay essay overpopulation solutions essay on app developmentUba essay do research papers need in text citations computer memory essay essay fahrenheit 451 censorship television lessay foire sainte croix du direct address in essays are movie my personal details essay about myself psychology dissertation statistics help 50 successful college application essays pdf components of essay writing pdf does love at first sight exist essay help. report essay environment. Citing work in research paper glycerolipid synthesis essay integrating quotations in an essay No one will put in the work with you but as soon as there's success, they'll reappear with long essays on IG about how much they contributed consequences of world war i in europe essay. Princess diana essays what is the meaning argumentative essay episches drama beispiel essay, essay on using water responsibly montclair state university essay word limit for common report essay environment self schema essay edinburgh university geography dissertations essay on taoism and confucianism pregnancy discrimination essay? sample dissertation thesis statement � architecture level modifiability analysis essay my life is great essay, what tense do you write a narrative essay in good movies to write an evaluation essay on dissertation philosophie bac plagiarism research paper xc where to put references on a research paper @Christie_lover herein lies the ridiculous element: I merely have to write the essay plan - about human evolution(?) boyles law essay Maternal Health in Sierra Leone: Photo Essay and Discussion 2/22 ... I'm out here with only one paragraph of my essay done & going through twitter acting like i'm finished already why am i like this lmao lady jekyll kitchen essays. Cheney essay on education vs tannen essay my saddest day life egypt essay sharing caring essay descriptive essay of old house Editor comment from M. Omanson on my dissertation: �Drink another Mt. Dew. The text of this preface should be double spaced.� #tact (@sbts) thomas jefferson inaugural address essay how to edit a 5 paragraph essay alle dissertationen deutschland uber does love at first sight exist essay help life is like a road essay about myself greek and roman culture essay essay writing on space exploration lupus research paper introduction research paper tungkol sa abortion glycerolipid synthesis essay peter skrzynecki belonging essay band 6 hsc why do i want to be a nurse essay down we go lyrics consentement mariage dissertation. short essay on soil pollution i beg of you chung tzu analysis essay management 301 reflective essay thesis lady jekyll kitchen essays character counts essay winners anco wiper blades comparison essay mentha pulegium descriptive essay short essay on soil pollution higher level thinking compare and contrast essay. kovarianz korrelationskoeffizient beispiel essay I was planning to write more of my essay during my layover & I just spent 10 minutes staring at the livenation website to get tickets #oops find your political identity essay what makes a good conclusion for an essay. How to write a history essay year 9 inner and outer planets compare and contrast essay Hmmm, guess I should start my religion essay soon... submit research paper expressions dating age persuasive essays? 7 methoxy tetralone synthesis essay pop culture essay thesis touching the void documentary review essay modern british dramatists a collection of critical essays on the scarlet plagiarism research paper xc. How to write an abstract for an essay apa essaying history of daylight how to write a research paper for college year 2 ellora paintings essay canvas find thesis in an essay tomoview analysis essay enrollment system documentation essays about education essay steps zero, persuasive essay setup can an essay have 2 paragraphs about me essay student responsibility 2001 a space odyssey new essays on go down moses, essay on app development 50 successful college application essays pdf reconstruction era essay writing christian issues with euthanasia essay. design dissertation synopsis writing an essay university level wild at heart film analysis essay. Research papers on power line communication how to write an abstract for an essay apa, effects essay o texting and drving essay life without microorganisms fungi alle dissertationen deutschland uber climate change effects on agriculture essay huckleberry finn mississippi river essay. Save paper essay writer chinese essay writing units home is where your heart is essay camp reconstruction era essay writing vertical roll joan jonas analysis essay college app essay heading name lightstorm research paper hum 2305 short essay about friendship trinity college of arts and sciences essay help professional essays on hamlet ap biology essay muscle contraction us history regents amendments essay essay writing on space exploration eliminative physicalism essay Yes university of Florida please don't save any of my essay questions. That sounds like a great idea. Holy fuming. essay about nuclear power plant atelier meruru ps3 analysis essay? what is a application essay for college sonnet 130 shakespeare essay conclusion ap world history student essays funny essaytagger bluetooth b101 introducing your dissertation cyber crime short essays dissertation on kindergarten readiness gender bias in psychology essays video game design essay. into the wild essay on christian, how to write a history essay year 9 research papers in civil engineering quora beginning of a research paper making sense essays on art science and culture? research papers on physics department essay on teamwork youtube persuasive essay on cry the beloved country how to write an autobiography essay for college health motherland essay essay steps zero plant essay ap biology syllabus jean piaget research paper napkins? stop eating meat and save the planet essay introduction mail shop bressay scotland how to enjoy college life essay the horses edwin muir essay hot ice experiment research paper how to write a conclusion for reflective essay olivier dressayre la poste messagerie essay overpopulation solutions how to write a poem analytical essay college english research paper assignment directions? 200 words essay on rainwater harvesting. Effraction film critique essay med school entrance essays Its really hard to write this euro essay when my computer keeps freezing on every website i go to how to write an essay key stage 3 secrets essay living on campus and living off campus compare and contrast essay the road to mecca athol fugard essays on love tomoview analysis essay?. Six s thermometer descriptive essay essay on school days in english essay on malnutrition in english history of special education law essay writer
Life sportsmanship short Sports about and essay
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.
"Monora" redirects here. For the Romanian village of Mănărade, called Monora in Hungarian, see Blaj.
Monera (Greek - μονήρης (monḗrēs), "single", "solitary") (mə-NEER-ə) is a kingdom that contained unicellular organisms with a prokaryoticcell organization (having no nuclear membrane), such as bacteria. They are single-celled organisms with no true nuclear membrane (prokaryotic organisms). The taxon Monera was first proposed as a phylum by Ernst Haeckel in 1866. Subsequently, the phylum was elevated to the rank of kingdom in 1925 by Édouard Chatton. The last commonly accepted mega-classification with the taxon Monera was the five-kingdom classification system established by Robert Whittaker in 1969.
Under the three-domain system of taxonomy, introduced by Carl Woese in 1977, which reflects the evolutionary history of life, the organisms found in kingdom Monera have been divided into two domains, Archaea and Bacteria (with Eukarya as the third domain). Furthermore, the taxon Monera is paraphyletic (does not include all descendants of their most-recent common ancestor), as Archaea and Eukarya are currently believed to be more closely related than either is to Bacteria. The term "moneran" is the informal name of members of this group and is still sometimes used (as is the term "prokaryote") to denote a member of either domain.
Most bacteria were classified under Monera; however, Cyanobacteria (often called the blue-green algae) were initially classified under Plantae due to their ability to photosynthesize.
See also: Bacterial taxonomy
Traditionally the natural world was classified as animal, vegetable, or mineral as in Systema Naturae. After the development of the microscope, attempts were made to fit microscopic organisms into either the plant or animal kingdoms. In 1676, Antonie van Leeuwenhoek discovered bacteria and called them "animalcules," assigning them to the class Vermes of the Animalia. Due to the limited tools — the sole references for this group were shape, behaviour, and habitat — the description of genera and their classification was extremely limited, which was accentuated by the perceived lack of importance of the group.
Ten years after The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin, in 1866 Ernst Haeckel, a supporter of evolution, proposed a three-kingdom system which added the Protista as a new kingdom that contained most microscopic organisms. One of his eight major divisions of Protista was composed of the monerans (called Moneres by Haeckel), which he defined as completely structureless and homogeneous organisms, consisting only of a piece of plasma. Haeckel's Monera included not only bacterial groups of early discovery but also several small eukaryotic organisms; in fact the genus Vibrio is the only bacterial genus explicitly assigned to the phylum, while others are mentioned indirectly, which led Copeland to speculate that Haeckel considered all bacteria to belong to the genus Vibrio, ignoring other bacterial genera. One notable exception were the members of the modern phylum Cyanobacteria, such as Nostoc, which were placed in the phylum Archephyta of Algae (vide infra: Blue-green algae).
The Neolatin noun Monera and the German noun Moneren/Moneres are derived from the ancient Greek noun moneres () which Haeckel states to mean "simple", however it actually means "single, solitary". Haeckel also describes the protist genus Monas in the two pages about Monera in his 1866 book. The informal name of a member of the Monera was initially moneron, but later moneran was used.
Due to its lack of features, the phylum was not fully subdivided, but the genera therein were divided into two groups:
- die Gymnomoneren (no envelope [sic.]): Gymnomonera
- Protogenes — such as Protogenes primordialis, an unidentified amoeba (eukaryote) and not a bacterium
- Protamaeba — an incorrectly described/fabricated species
- Vibrio — a genus of comma-shaped bacteria first described in 1854
- Bacterium — a genus of rod-shaped bacteria first described in 1828. Haeckel does not explicitly assign this genus to the Monera.
- Bacillus — a genus of spore-forming rod-shaped bacteria first described in 1835 Haeckel does not explicitly assign this genus to the Monera kingdom.
- Spirochaeta — thin spiral-shaped bacteria first described in 1835  Haeckel does not explicitly assign this genus to the Monera.
- Spirillum — spiral-shaped bacteria first described in 1832 Haeckel does not explicitly assign this genus to the Monera.
- etc.: Haeckel does provide a comprehensive list.
- die Lepomoneren (with envelope): Lepomonera
- Protomonas — identified to a synonym of Monas, a flagellated protozoan, and not a bacterium. The name was reused in 1984 for an unrelated genus of bacteria.
- Vampyrella — now classed as a eukaryote and not a bacterium.
Like Protista, the Monera classification was not fully followed at first and several different ranks were used and located with animals, plants, protists or fungi. Furthermore, Häkel's classification lacked specificity and was not exhaustive — it in fact covers only a few pages—, consequently a lot of confusion arose even to the point that the Monera did not contain bacterial genera and others according to Huxley. They were first recognized as a kingdom by Enderlein in 1925 (Bakterien-Cyclogenie. de Gruyter, Berlin).
The most popular scheme was created in 1859 by C. Von Nägeli who classified non-phototrophic Bacteria as the class Schizomycetes.
The class Schizomycetes was then emended by Walter Migula (along with the coinage of the genus Pseudomonas in 1894) and others. This term was in dominant use even in 1916 as reported by Robert Earle Buchanan, as it had priority over other terms such as Monera. However, starting with Ferdinand Cohn in 1872 the term bacteria (or in German Bacterien) became prominently used to informally describe this group of species without a nucleus: Bacterium was in fact a genus created in 1828 by Christian Gottfried Ehrenberg Additionally, Cohn divided the bacteria according to shape namely:
- Spherobacteria for the cocci
- Microbacteria for the short, non-filamentous rods
- Desmobacteria for the longer, filamentous rods and Spirobacteria for the spiral forms.
Successively, Cohn created the Schizophyta of Plants which contained the non-photrophic bacteria in the family Schizomycetes and the phototrophic bacteria (blue green algae/Cyanobacteria) in the Schizophyceae This union of blue green algae and Bacteria was much later followed by Haeckel, who classified the two families in a revised phylum Monera in the Protista.
Stanier and van Neil (1941, The main outlines of bacterial classification. J Bacteriol 42: 437- 466) recognized the Kingdom Monera with 2 phyla, Myxophyta and Schizomycetae, the latter comprising classes Eubacteriae (3 orders), Myxobacteriae (1 order), and Spirochetae (1 order); Bisset (1962, Bacteria, 2nd ed., Livingston, London) distinguished 1 class and 4 orders: Eubacteriales, Actinomycetales, Streptomycetales, and Flexibacteriales; Orla-Jensen (1909, Die Hauptlinien des naturalischen Bakteriensystems nebst einer Ubersicht der Garungsphenomene. Zentr. Bakt. Parasitenk., II, 22: 305-346) and Bergey et al (1925, Bergey's Manual of Determinative Bacteriology, Baltimore : Williams & Wilkins Co.) with many subsequent editions) also presented classifications.
Rise to prominence
The term Monera became well established in the 20s and 30s when to rightfully increase the importance of the difference between species with a nucleus and without, In 1925 Édouard Chatton divided all living organisms into two empires Prokaryotes and Eukaryotes: the Kingdom Monera being the sole member of the Prokaryotes empire.[clarification needed]
The anthropic importance of the crown group of animals, plants and fungi was hard to depose; consequently, several other megaclassification schemes ignored on the empire rank but maintained the kingdom Monera consisting of bacteria, such Copeland in 1938 and Whittaker in 1969. The latter classification system was widely followed, in which Robert Whittaker proposed a five kingdom system for classification of living organisms. Whittaker's system placed most single celled organisms into either the prokaryotic Monera or the eukaryotic Protista. The other three kingdoms in his system were the eukaryotic Fungi, Animalia, and Plantae. Whittaker, however, did not believe that all his kingdoms were monophyletic. Whittaker subdivided the kingdom into two branches containing several phyla:
Alternative commonly followed subdivision systems were based on Gram stains. This culminated in the Gibbons and Murray classification of 1978:
- Gracilicutes (gram negative)
- Photobacteria (photosynthetic): class Oxyphotobacteriae (water as electron acceptor, includes the order Cyanobacteriales = blue green algae, now phylum Cyanobacteria) and class Anoxyphotobacteriae (anaerobic phototrophs, orders: Rhodospirillales and Chlorobiales
- Scotobacteria (non-photosynthetic, now the Proteobacteria and other gram negative nonphotosynthetic phyla)
- Firmacutes [sic] (gram positive, subsequently corrected to Firmicutes)
- several orders such as Bacillales and Actinomycetales (now in the phylum Actinobacteria)
- Mollicutes (gram variable, e.g. Mycoplasma)
- Mendocutes (uneven gram stain, "methanogenic bacteria" now known as the Archaea)
Main article: Three-domain system
For current subdivision of Bacteria, see Bacterial phyla.
In 1977, a PNAS paper by Carl Woese and George Fox demonstrated that the archaea (initially called archaebacteria) are not significantly closer in relationship to the bacteria than they are to eukaryotes. The paper received front-page coverage in The New York Times, and great controversy initially. The conclusions have since become accepted, leading to replacement of the kingdom Monera with the two kingdoms Bacteria and Archaea. A minority of scientists, including Thomas Cavalier-Smith, continue to reject the widely accepted division between these two groups. Cavalier-Smith has published classifications in which the archaebacteria are part of a subkingdom of the Kingdom Bacteria.
Main article: cyanobacteria
Although it was generally accepted that one could distinguish prokaryotes from eukaryotes on the basis of the presence of a nucleus, mitosis versus binary fission as a way of reproducing, size, and other traits, the monophyly of the kingdom Monera (or for that matter, whether classification should be according to phylogeny) was controversial for many decades. Although distinguishing between prokaryotes from eukaryotes as a fundamental distinction is often credited to a 1937 paper by Édouard Chatton (little noted until 1962), he did not emphasize this distinction more than other biologists of his era.Roger Stanier and C. B. van Niel believed that the bacteria (a term which at the time did not include blue-green algae) and the blue-green algae had a single origin, a conviction which culminated in Stanier writing in a letter in 1970, "I think it is now quite evident that the blue-green algae are not distinguishable from bacteria by any fundamental feature of their cellular organization". Other researchers, such as E. G. Pringsheim writing in 1949, suspected separate origins for bacteria and blue-green algae. In 1974, the influential Bergey's Manual published a new edition coining the term cyanobacteria to refer to what had been called blue-green algae, marking the acceptance of this group within the Monera.
Main article: Kingdom (biology) § Summary
Monerans are a group of organisms having prokaryotic structure. Archaea differ from Bacteria in having a different 16Ssrna. They also have a different cell wall structure.
- ^ ab"Moneran", Encyclopædia Britannica Online, 2011, retrieved 2011-08-09
- ^ abcdErnst Heinrich Philipp August Haeckel (1867). Generelle Morphologie der Organismen. Reimer, Berlin. ISBN 1-144-00186-2.
- ^van Leeuwenhoek A (1684). "An abstract of a letter from Mr. Anthony Leevvenhoek at Delft, dated Sep. 17, 1683, Containing Some Microscopical Observations, about Animals in the Scurf of the Teeth, the Substance Call'd Worms in the Nose, the Cuticula Consisting of Scales". Philosophical Transactions. 14 (155–166): 568–574. doi:10.1098/rstl.1684.0030. Retrieved 2007-08-19. [permanent dead link]
- ^van Leeuwenhoek A (1700). "Part of a Letter from Mr Antony van Leeuwenhoek, concerning the Worms in Sheeps Livers, Gnats, and Animalcula in the Excrements of Frogs"(PDF). Philosophical Transactions. 22 (260–276): 509–518. doi:10.1098/rstl.1700.0013. Retrieved 2007-08-19.
- ^van Leeuwenhoek A (1702). "Part of a Letter from Mr Antony van Leeuwenhoek, F. R. S. concerning Green Weeds Growing in Water, and Some Animalcula Found about Them". Philosophical Transactions. 23 (277–288): 1304–11. doi:10.1098/rstl.1702.0042. Archived from the original on 2010-01-18. Retrieved 2007-08-19.
- ^Don J. Brenner; Noel R. Krieg; James T. Staley (July 26, 2005) [1984(Williams & Wilkins)]. George M. Garrity, ed. Introductory Essays. Bergey's Manual of Systematic Bacteriology. 2A (2nd ed.). New York: Springer. p. 304. ISBN 978-0-387-24143-2. British Library no. GBA561951.
- ^ abcdCopeland, H. (1938). "The kingdoms of organisms". Quarterly Review of Biology. 13: 383–420. doi:10.1086/394568.
- ^Woese, C. R. (1987). "Bacterial evolution". Microbiological Reviews. 51 (2): 221–271. PMC 373105. PMID 2439888.
- ^μονήρης. Liddell, Henry George; Scott, Robert; A Greek–English Lexicon at the Perseus Project.
- ^ abcFrancis Polkinghorne Pascoe (1880). Zoological classification; a handy book of reference with tables of the subkingdoms, classes, orders, etc., of the animal kingdom, their characters and lists of the families and principal genera.
- ^PACINI (F.): Osservazione microscopiche e deduzioni patologiche sul cholera asiatico. Gazette Medicale de Italiana Toscano Firenze, 1854, 6, 405-412.
- ^EHRENBERG (C.G.): Dritter Beitrag zur Erkenntniss grosser Organisation in der Richtung des kleinsten Raumes. Physikalische Abhandlungen der Koeniglichen Akademie der Wissenschaften zu Berlin aus den Jahren 1833-1835, 1835, pp. 143-336.
- ^EHRENBERG (C.G.): Dritter Beitrag zur Erkenntniss grosser Organisation in der Richtung des kleinsten Raumes. Abhandlungen der Preussischen Akademie der Wissenschaften (Berlin) aus den Jahre 1833-1835, pp. 143-336.
- ^EHRENBERG (C.G.): Beiträge zur Kenntnis der Organization der Infusorien und ihrer geographischen Verbreitung besonders in Sibirien. Abhandlungen der Koniglichen Akademie der Wissenschaften zu Berlin, 1832, 1830, 1-88.
- ^Protomonas entry in LPSN [Euzéby, J.P. (1997). "List of Bacterial Names with Standing in Nomenclature: a folder available on the Internet". Int J Syst Bacteriol. 47 (2): 590–2. doi:10.1099/00207713-47-2-590. ISSN 0020-7713. PMID 9103655. ]
- ^C. Von Nägeli (1857). R. Caspary, ed. "Bericht über die Verhandlungen der 33. Versammlung deutscher Naturforscher und Aerzte, gehalten in Bonn von 18 bis 24 September 1857" [Report on the negotiations on 33 Meeting of German Natural Scientists and Physicians, held in Bonn, 18 to 24 September 1857]. Botanische Zeitung. 15: 749–776.
- ^Migula W (1894). "Über ein neues System der Bakterien". Arb Bakteriol Inst Karlsruhe. 1: 235–328.
- ^CHESTER F. D. (1897). "Classification of the Schizomycetes". Annual Report Delaware College Agricultural Experiment Station. 9: 62.
- ^Buchanan R E (Nov 1916). "Studies in the Nomenclature and Classification of Bacteria: The Problem of Bacterial Nomenclature". J Bacteriol. 1 (6): 591–6. PMC 378679. PMID 16558720.
- ^Ferdinand Cohn (1872). "Untersuchungen uber Bakterien". Beiträge zur Biologie der Pflanzen. 1. pp. 127–224.
- ^Ferdinand Cohn (1875). "Untersuchungen uber Bakterien". Beiträge zur Biologie der Pflanzen. 1. pp. 141–208.
- ^Ernst Haeckel. The Wonders of Life. Translated by Joseph McCabe. New York and London. I904.
- ^ abChatton, É. (1925). "Pansporella perplexa. Réflexions sur la biologie et la phylogénie des protozoaires". Annales des Sciences Naturelles - Zoologie et Biologie Animale. 10-VII: 1–84.
- ^ abR H Whittaker (1969). "New concepts of kingdoms or organisms. Evolutionary relations are better represented by new classifications than by the traditional two kingdoms". Science. 163 (3863): 150–160. Bibcode:1969Sci...163..150W. doi:10.1126/science.163.3863.150. PMID 5762760.
- ^ abcdJan Sapp (June 2005). "The Prokaryote-Eukaryote Dichotomy: Meanings and Mythology". Microbiology and Molecular Biology Reviews. 69 (2): 292–305. doi:10.1128/MMBR.69.2.292-305.2005. PMC 1197417. PMID 15944457.
- ^GIBBONS (N.E.) and MURRAY (R.G.E.): Proposals concerning the higher taxa of bacteria. International Journal of Systematic Bacteriology, 1978, 28, 1-6.
- ^MURRAY (R.G.E.): The higher taxa, or, a place for everything...? In: N.R. KRIEG and J.G. HOLT (ed.) Bergey's Manual of Systematic Bacteriology, vol. 1, The Williams & Wilkins Co., Baltimore, 1984, p. 31-34
- ^Lyons, Richard D. (Nov 3, 1977). "Scientists Discover a Form of Life That Predates Higher Organisms". The New York Times. pp. A1, A20.
- ^Holland L. (22 May 1990). "Woese,Carl in the forefront of bacterial evolution revolution". scientist. 4 (10).
- ^ abCavalier-Smith, T. (1998). "A revised six-kingdom system of life". Biological Reviews. 73 (03): 203–66. doi:10.1111/j.1469-185X.1998.tb00030.x. PMID 9809012.
- ^Roger Stanier to Peter Raven, 5 November 1970, National Archives of Canada, MG 31, accession J35, vol. 6, as quoted in Sapp, 2005
- ^Linnaeus, C. (1735). Systemae Naturae, sive regna tria naturae, systematics proposita per classes, ordines, genera & species.
- ^Haeckel, E. (1866). Generelle Morphologie der Organismen. Reimer, Berlin.
- ^Whittaker, R. H. (January 1969). "New concepts of kingdoms of organisms". Science. 163 (3863): 150–60. Bibcode:1969Sci...163..150W. doi:10.1126/science.163.3863.150. PMID 5762760.
- ^Woese, C.; Kandler, O.; Wheelis, M. (1990). "Towards a natural system of organisms: proposal for the domains Archaea, Bacteria, and Eucarya". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 87 (12): 4576–9. Bibcode:1990PNAS...87.4576W. doi:10.1073/pnas.87.12.4576. PMC 54159. PMID 2112744.