Programming assignments require you to write and run a computer program to solve a problem.
Some programming assignments count toward your final course grade, while others are just for practice.
Sections of a programming assignment
Programming assignments include both assignment instructions and assignment parts.
- Explain the assignment.
- May include a link to a downloadable starter package that includes starter code, detailed guidelines, and other resources.
- Are similar to individual questions within a quiz.
- Are each a single coding task.
- Are each worth a certain number of points toward the overall assignment score.
- Can be completed and submitted all at once, or one at a time.
Programming assignment grades
Programming assignments are graded automatically.
Some are graded using a built-in grading algorithm that compares your program's output to a value specified by your instructor. Others are graded using a custom grading algorithm created by your instructor.
If a programming assignment uses built-in grading:
- Your code will run locally on your computer, and the output will be sent to Coursera's servers.
- Your grade will be based on comparison against numeric or regular expression grading logic.
- You'll get your grade a few seconds after submitting.
If a programming assignment uses custom grading:
- Your code will be run on Coursera's servers.
- Your grade will be based on custom logic provided by your instructor.
- You'll get your grade within an hour of submitting.
- You'll need to refresh the page to see your grade.
Submit a programming assignment
To submit a programming assignment:
- Open the assignment page for the assignment you want to submit.
- Read the assignment instructions and download any starter files.
- Finish the coding tasks in your local coding environment. Check the starter files and instructions when you need to.
- If the assignment uses script submission, submit your assignment by running the submission script in your local coding environment and entering the submission token.
- If the assignment uses web submission, upload your files using the instructions on your screen.
Test a programming assignment
Some programming assignments let you test them before you submit them to get feedback on whether they run. You won't get grades or feedback from the instructor until you submit the assignment.
Edit or resubmit a programming assignment
You can resubmit a programming assignment if you don't pass on the first attempt or want to improve your score. You might have to wait a certain amount of time between attempts.
To resubmit a programming assignment, follow the same steps for submitting one. If your assignment uses script submission, you'll need to select the Generate new token option on the assignment page and use the new submission token.
Попутно он бросил жадный взгляд на ноги Сьюзан, которые та вытянула под рабочим столом, и тяжело вздохнул. Сьюзан, не поднимая глаз, поджала ноги и продолжала следить за монитором. Хейл хмыкнул. Сьюзан уже привыкла к агрессивному поведению Хейла. Его любимым развлечением было подключаться к ее компьютеру, якобы для того, чтобы проверить совместимость оборудования.